Wednesday, November 07, 2007

An Aussie update... same old, same old!

I'm here at the Internet cafe in Toowong again, catching up on e-mails, Facebook messages, and of course, Reid's Facebook group. Mom, you were right - Reid deserves a smiling picture on my blog. This guy always has a smile on his face, so here he is, the Reid that we all know and love:


Here are the most recent updates:
****************************
21: November 6th (9:30PM) We visited Reid earlier and his condition is still stable. They will be doingthe bronchial scope tomorrow morning and I will update you all on that. We were visited today at the hospital by a young Taiwanese man named Samuel and his mother who are both part of a church that have been praying for Reid. He was injured the same way last year and had two nearly identical surgical procedures to Reid. He is in fine health and came today to pray for Reids recovery. It is amazing to see how far the news of this has travelled and it is even more amazing that strangers that have never met Reid care so much. I know that you will probably not read this Samuel but I want thank you for coming today and filling us all with the positive energy of recovery. It meant alot to everyone there and we all apreciate your prayers and concern for Reid.
22: November 7th (1:00PM) We visited Reid this morning and he is still strong. His pressure was up slightly but this is not a concern because the same thing happened after the first surgery. He is ultra reactive to touch and the doctors were encouraging us to do so. He obviously is aware of his family being round and the support he has behind him even if he cant tell us so right now. KEEP THOSE PRAYERS COMING.
23: November 7th (7:00PM) I just got word that his brain pressure has dropped down to 10 on both sides. This is fantastic news and it just shows how strong he is.
****************************
Keep fighting buddy!!!! We know you're strong. It's amazing to see how many people are there supporting him, praying for him, sending him good vibes, positive thoughts, etc. The group now has 750 members (when I joined only 4 days ago, I was member number 394). People from all over the world and from every corner of Reid's life (and even some who don't know him, apparently) are there rooting for him and for a speedy recovery. They've now added a discussion topic on the message board that has people leaving their favourite funny memories of Reid for him to read when he's awake.
I should get going - I've been on the Internet for almost an hour and a half, and I need to pay and start heading back home. I've been out walking for about 1.5 hours today, and I have another 45 minutes ahead of me. I discovered a really nice walking path along the Brisbane River though, just across Coronation Drive (where I walked yesterday). I'm going to see if Emma has a bike that I can borrow, as riding around Milton and Toowong (possibly through the rain again) would be a fabulous way to spend the day tomorrow.
I'll be home in 10 days! Crazy hey?! (Or is it 11 days once you factor in the time change?)
Anyway, I will see you all soon!!!! HOORAY! :oD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the Reid you know and love with that world famous smile. I'm so glad he continues to make forward progress.

Had Glen and Elaine for supper so that was nice.

Counting the days!!

Anonymous said...

Karyn gave me an update from the blog about Reid. Although his eyes are not open he is trying hard to communicate now he has been removed from all the sedation drugs. When asked to move his index finger he can, and he is holding onto people's hands. It is so encouraging!

Anonymous said...

We are both sending our very best wishes for Reid. I am sure he can feel all the love and support he is getting. He seems like a wonderful guy.
Sounds like you're really enjoying your time in Australia Lauren. It will be great to have you back in Canada soon.
Thank you for this wonderful blog the last few months. It has made us feel a part of all your adventures.
Love you!